Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: microwavePC works at last!!!

  1. #1
    Inactive Member TheDaveWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 24th, 2000
    Posts
    11
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    I downloaded microEDIT 1.3B from Terratec's driver page ( yes, there was a
    software problem with 1.3a too )

    They kindly sent me some adaptors
    - they did not work with the microwavePC cable I had been using with my
    EWS64 ( they already had a twist of sorts in it )
    - but they DO work with the original flat cable that I kept from the
    original FrontPanel for my EWS64

    I'm happy! Six months late, but I'm happy!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member TheDaveWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 24th, 2000
    Posts
    11
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry, forgot to say this was in conjunction with the DMX 6fire!!

  3. #3
    HB Forum Owner Arnoud de Jong's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 23rd, 1999
    Posts
    138
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Congratulations! And thanks for the useful info!

  4. #4
    Inactive Member TheDaveWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 24th, 2000
    Posts
    11
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Thumbs up

    Whaaa! It's stopped working again. It quite lieterally only works the very first time I DO get it working. Soon as you touch the volume control it cuts out and THAT'S IT - it's history until I completely de-install microwave PC and re-install it from scratch.

    Come on Terratec! If Creamware can do such a fantastic job with all the complexity that their system has to deal with SURELY you can emply SOMEBODY who knows how to write a bloddy driver for the DMX 6fire that actually works!!!!

  5. #5
    Inactive Member TheDaveWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 24th, 2000
    Posts
    11
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Angry

    After much fiddling, I've found a combination that works:-

    I have the DMX 6fire 24/96. At the time I bought it, no other DMX6fire model was available. I have never used the Front Module that came with it ( I only ever wanted the card so I could use my microwavePC in my new PC, an ASUS P4B with a Pentium IV 1.5GHZ, now running Windows XP )

    I use the cables that came with my microwavePC. These work fine with my EWS64XL card in my old PC. Terratec kindly sent me a couple of adaptors which I have placed at each end of the microwavePC cable.

    I downloaded the latest microEDIT 1.3b when Build 124 DMX drivers came out and 1.3a stopped recognising the microwavePC was even there.

    Now I find this: The firmware uploads OK ( 1%, 2%, etc% - it takes s hort while ), the default.mws uploads OK ( 1%, 2%, etc% - it takes a short while ) and I have sound! Woo hoo!

    Then I shut down my PC, but when I bring it back up it will not upload the firmware ( 0%, then immediatly gives up ), it will not upload default.mws ( 0%, then immediatly gives up ), and there's no sound! Waa!

    Nothing I do brings life back in to the microwavePC until - and here's the bit I don't understand - until I unplug the cable from the microwavePC and plug it back in again. Then all is OK again, until I next have to power up my PC.

    Obviously I don't like doing this - it means I always have the side off my PC, there's wear and tear on the cable and connectors to worry about, and the possibility of bending/shorting something out one of these times and I break it forever.

    I even tried taking the mains plug out of the PC for a short while in case there was residual voltage causing the microwavePC not to reset completely, causing the error above.

    Do you have any suggestions what I could try? Perhaps a hardware reset switch? Or can you do something in software that has the same effect?

    Help!

  6. #6
    Inactive Member juzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 17th, 2001
    Posts
    32
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    I'm sorry I can't help you with that...
    I'm just about to get whether the full or the LT version of the DMX 6fire, and was wondering if anyone has gotten the MWPC&DMX working in the way they should...!!!?

  7. #7
    Inactive Member TheDaveWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 24th, 2000
    Posts
    11
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ahaaaaaaaaaa! It works without a hitch AT LAST with driver 125a - see my recent topic regarding this however

  8. #8
    Inactive Member juzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 17th, 2001
    Posts
    32
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Well that is one piece of good news! [img]smile.gif[/img]
    I'm gonna get the LT this week. I just have this one question:
    With EWS64, the MWPC "eats" the first midiport on the module, is this the case with 6fire too?

    TIA [img]smile.gif[/img]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member juzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 17th, 2001
    Posts
    32
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Me loves 6fire LT hahaha! Got the card finally today, works like charm with MWPC with the latest driver in WinXP!!! [img]graemlins/beer.gif[/img] Cheers!

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Andras Haasz's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 16th, 2001
    Posts
    12
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Folks!

    I am also planning to upgrade my Microwave PC with a DMX2496 LT... yes, I have been using my old EWS64 with Microwave for 3 years, but XP doesn't support EWS64 at all... [img]mad.gif[/img]

    I have some question, I need your experiences, so:

    1. Is it possible to record the sounds of Microwave digitaly (without analog loopback) with DMX24/96? (EWS64 can do this) [img]wink.gif[/img]

    2. In THIS time, does DMX2496 work fluently with microwave PC?

    I mean: I work with Sonar2 - Reason2 combo, and I would like to use the sounds of Microwave (and other midi hardwares I have) AND the Reason devices simultaneously... without General Protect fault, but with sample accurate precision... with EWS64, it is not possible.

    So, what is your experiences about stability, ability, etc., when you work with a sequencer: Can you mixdown the midi tracks of MWave to wave without slipping, clipping and other problems?


    Thanks.

    Andras

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •